In recent times, people are bringing new preferences, values and opinions, which are contributing towards a change in the world of funeral services. Today, families are feeling differently about how they wish to honour their dear ones and building new concepts of funeral services. According to the National Directory of Morticians Redbook, US, the total number of funeral homes was 19,391 in 2015. Among these, 86% of these homes are owned privately by individuals or by their families. The rest 14% are owned by publicly-traded corporations. The responsive homes which offer services of funerals Perth wide can arrange for a funeral service depending upon the wishes of the family of the deceased person.
But before you hire a funeral service, you must be aware of the general charges that you may have to pay to the funeral homes.
When you are planning to work with any firm, which offers services of funerals Perth wide to arrange for a memorial or funeral service, the cost you are likely to pay can be broken down into three broad categories.
This fee payable to the funeral homes constitutes of funeral service and overhead costs related to those services. This fee is non-declinable, though it varies among the service providers. Normally, these basic services include – filling the necessary documents, securing all needful permits as well as copies of the death certificate, storing the remains, coordinating with the crematory, cemetery or other third parties for required arrangements and lastly, overhead costs associated with funeral service facilities and operations.
Though the basic fee for burial or cremation doesn’t vary irrespective of the services chosen, there are a few cases in which the basic service fee may vary. If the firm conducting funerals Perth wide is only responsible for receiving or forwarding the remains, or in case you are willing to opt for a direct burial or cremation, then you are likely to incur lesser charges than the standard basic service fee. But there are also a few funeral homes, which have flat charges for all services, regardless of what you choose.
Additional services and goods charges: These are items offered in the funeral packages in Perth for an additional fee. You can avail these at your discretion and generally these include – cosmetic preparations like embalming of the body, use of a cemetery chapel or funeral home for a visitation or memorial service, use of a limousine, hearse or any other transportation, arrangement for a casket or a burial container, urn and burial clothing.
If you feel the need for any additional goods or services, you can get it at your preference. The Federal Trade Commission has devised the Funeral Rule which states that you have the right to purchase anything elsewhere, and the funeral services in Perth shall not charge a fee for its usage. But there are a few funeral homes where you are liable to opt for a specific service based on another service chosen by you.
These fees include charges for those goods and services that the funeral home shall arrange for you from third-party vendors. Normally, these charges include crematory or cemetery fees, compensations for clergy, payments for musicians, including pianists, organists, soloists, etc., charges for car rentals and obituary-filing fees.
Before hiring, you should consult your family and tell the funeral service provider about your needs and preferences and then ask them to offer a quote. This way you will be able to hire a responsive funeral service to offer a fine obituary to your loved one.